Forbis Accomplished the EU Financed Project
Forbis accomplished the EU financed project “Implementation of e-business solutions designed for optimization of internal processes of the Forbis Company in order to increase its output”
The Forbis Company developing banking information systems has accomplished the project VP2-2.1-ŪM-02-K-01-060 in accordance with the trilateral agreement concluded by the company, the Lithuanian Business Support Agency and the Ministry of Economy of The Republic of Lithuania regarding “Implementation of e-business solutions designed for optimization of internal processes of the Forbis Company in order to increase its output”.
Financing of the European regional development fund assigned by the agreement comprised 299376 Litas.
The main goal of the project is to create conditions for increasing of the company’s output by improving its internal processes with the help of information technologies. The activities that were carried out involved:
- Purchasing and implementation of the equipment required for automation and modernisation of the processes related to project management as well as management of infrastructural risks;
- Implementation of e-business solutions that enables to develop and improve the processes of activity organizing.
The multifaceted e-business project facilitated improvement of the solutions and processes of the company’s infrastructure that could be hardly managed by the old system. The efficiency of the processes increased with the implementation of the apt e-business systems. By employing the advantages of these systems there was improved management of the internal processes such as project management, work distribution, IT economy management, communication processes etc.
- Production/service management. After implementation of the e-business solutions, all the production and service management processes became project-server-oriented. Bearing in mind the fact that development of services and products is performed with the help of the project management, all the processes are optimized in accordance with the principles stipulated by the server, for example, project tasks’ centralization, work load arrangement, work distribution, automatic communication and quality control.
- Risk management. There were implemented infrastructural development components such as servers, data arrays and virtualization solutions, which allow making data backups, thus the risk of losing the information stored in the company reduces to the minimum.
- Sales management. After purchasing and implementation of the means of external communication, the process of the sales management expanded with employing the technologies of the remote customer communication, i.e. remote teleconferences and other telecommunication server functions are now available. In such a way the existing as well as the potential customers may remotely (interactively) present and demonstrate products and directly obtain the following information: customers’ feedbacks, contact information, remarks and requests.
- Personnel management. With using the e-business solutions, the project server helps to centralize the company’s workflow. The employees are immediately, in the real time mode, notified on the work that has been assigned to them, and the project mangers get notifications on the execution of the relevant planned tasks. The team leaders and resource managers have a certain centralized point on the server for monitoring and dynamic planning of the personnel load.
- Project management. After implementation of the PPM (Project Portfolio Management) solution based on the project server platform, all the projects and communication are carried out in a centralised way with making use of all the possibilities of the projects and mail server.
- Quality management. The integrity of the e-business solutions enables to fully monitor and evaluate different qualitative characteristics of products and services. For quality monitoring there were created corresponding indicators, various automated lists of notes intended for work with customers as well as workflows, thus ensuring integration and inherence of the quality management from the entire process of the company’s operation.
Implementation of this project created conditions for the company to successfully compete on the international market of banking information systems and to increase the volumes of services provided both in Lithuania as well as in other countries. In the opinion of the company’s leaders, this project, which has been successfully implemented owing to the financing assigned by the European Union and to the professional work of the company’s specialists, provided the company a possibility to further develop its activity and to provide qualitative services to a wider range of customers.