Asseco Central Europe has acquired hungarian GlobeNet

Asseco Central Europe has acquired hungarian GlobeNet

Asseco Central Europe (Asseco CE) signed on April 26, 2010, through Asseco Slovakia, contract on 60 percent stake in GlobeNet Zrt., one of the major players of the Hungarian healthcare IT industry. Remaining 40 percent of the shares remain owned by the original shareholder, Cyprus-based Company Garadon Limited. With this transaction Asseco Central Europe has become the owner of already second company in Hungary.

GlobeNet is providing the broadest portfolio in the Hungarian healthcare IT industry, offering IT infrastructure services and “MedWorks” branded integrated medical information systems for more than 60 healthcare institutions. Currently the company employs more than 50 healthcare and IT professionals.

“In a time of active development of eHealth solutions in the Central Europe, in Hungarian company GlobeNet we have received significant reinforcement for our projects in the area of healthcare solutions,” states Jozef Klein, President of Asseco CE and Asseco Group CEO, and continues: “Company‘s long-term experience will be utilized for quicker and more efficient development of the latest medical software solutions with the possibility of a pan-European expansion through the Asseco Group.“

„As a major IT provider to the Hungarian health sector, we are one of the leading companies and technology developers in Central Eastern Europe. We joined a multinational group in order to develop from a local medium-size company into a large international player,” adds Zsolt Temesfoi, GlobeNet CEO.

Now the transaction is a subject to the clearance of the Antimonopoly Office of Slovak Republic.

Asseco CE, established by the means of integration between Asseco Slovakia and Asseco Czech Republic in a joint business group, continues with this acquisition consolidation of its business activities that was launched in early 2009, when it became 100% owner of Datalock (Asseco Solutions today). Consolidation continued in November 2009 with acquisition of the remaining shares in Asseco Solutions registered in the Czech Republic (formerly LCS International) and in December by extending its portfolio to the Hungarian market – with signing the contract on 70.04%-stake in IT company Statlogics. In addition, in the beginning of April 2010, it acquired 100% share in MPI CONSULTING.

Source: Asseco CE

    Popular posts

    Related posts