The Top 8 Ways Small Business Owners Can Benefit by Outsourcing
Imagine having the access to experts for every aspect of your business.
Imagine that this access is reasonably priced.
Imagine that these experts can help you from anywhere in the world and that your business can go on even when you are sleeping.
Outsourcing gives you all the above. It can be used as a strategic tool for making any business more productive and profitable. Outsourcing means that you entrust the processes of your business functions to external vendors.
The main advantages for small business owners are:
- You only need to do the tasks you are competent at and love doing. Imagine not having to dread coming to work because you hate doing all the peripheral duties that are essential to your business success. You will be happier and more productive if you outsource these. You can, for instance, rather focus on building your brand, developing new ideas, or developing wonderful customer service.
- You save money and boost your profits. You save money by paying for productive time only, and you don’t need to worry about employee taxes, office space, equipment, vacation time, etc. Outsourcing helps you to improve your continuity and customer service, while freeing you to pursue profitable activities in your business.
- You can achieve a better work-life balance. A person loses a lot of their creativity when they are stressed and overworked. Outsourcing frees you to take time off from work, knowing that the work or customer service does not end just because you are not there. You and your business will benefit.
- You have access to world-class capabilities. You have access to new skills and highly trained professionals at a lower cost, without having to manage them directly. You can supplement resources that are not available internally. You therefore have the same advantages as a large company who has these resources in-house.
- Focus on core activities. Often small business owners are consumed by the non-core activities at the expense of core activities. Back-office operations and administrative functions take time and energy. Outsourcing helps you to have more time and opportunity to grow your business.
- Staffing flexibility. There are some times during the year that you may need more support than others. Outsourcing allows you to increase and decrease support for your business according to demand.
- Time zone advantages. You can get your work done while your business is closed at night. This allows you to provide customer support even when you are not working. Through outsourcing you can service your customers faster, provide better quality and decrease turnaround time.
- Boost your productivity and efficiency. If your business goals are properly aligned with the deliverables in outsourcing, you will increase productivity. Outsourcing providers with the right expertise and experience can actually help streamline business processes and contribute to the bottom line.
What can I outsource?
You are basically only limited by your imagination as to what you can outsource. To get your creative juices flowing, consider the following ideas:
- Website creation/maintenance. Instead of spending hours figuring out how to do things or fix mistakes, you can pay someone to maintain your WordPress blogs (setup, periodic backup, etc)
- Content creation. This is a process that takes a lot of time, and can be outsourced.
- Video creation. There are people who can create a high quality video at very reasonable costs
- Graphics are great to outsource if you are not good at it, or it takes too much time.
- Customization and management of key business systems, for instance having Standard Operating Procedures compiled and revised regularly, database setup and maintenance, etc.
- Project management support.
- Human resource management support.
Your success and freedom as a small business owner depends on your ability to focus on what you love and what you do well, and eliminating or outsourcing everything else.